Whether you want to lose body fat, tone or strengthen your muscles, need help developing a fitness plan that works for you, or just want to feel better, our personal trainers are certified and have the experience needed to meet your needs. Trainers take into consideration your current condition, specific goals, medical history, lifestyle and available time for exercise.
They will inform you about proper exercise form, the amount of weight you should be using and when to make sufficient changes in weight, reps and sets. They will motivate you, educate you and help you reach your desired goals.
Personal Training sessions are available for members and non-members in one-on-one or small group sessions.
We promise to...
- Ask the right questions and listen intently to your responses
- Develop a personal program to fit your needs
- Motivate and support
- Keep you accountable.
- Add changes and diversity to your program as you progress
All Personal Training programs include a(n):
- Fitness evaluation
- Approach to health and fitness that incorporates cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and endurance, flexibility and balance/core training
Aquatic Personal Training
- Private swim lessons
- Semi-private swim lessons
- Aquatic exercise training (30-minute sessions only)
Personal Trainer Expectations
- We require our Personal Trainers to give the clients 12-24 hours notice of cancellation or rescheduling.
- Personal Trainers must be early or on time and ready to meet the client for the training session.
- If the Personal Trainer is late they must make up the time at that time, work it in to future sessions, or schedule another session at no additional charge to the client.
- The Personal Trainer is required to keep all information about the client confidential.
If you have any questions regarding personal fitness training at the Tea-Ellis location, please call (605) 323-6900. For questions about 49th & Oxbow, please call (605) 328-1600.
Small Group Personal Training
No two workouts will be the same! Small Group Personal Training consists of 24 one-hour sessions. Workouts can include cycling, aquatics, the conditioning area, yoga, matworks, cardio kick, outdoors activities, circuit training and group fitness classes. Group sizes range from 2-8 people.
Bootcamp is a four-week long, small group training program that we offer for members and non-members at the Tea-Ellis location. Bootcamp consists of one hour-long workout sessions and include strength training and cardiovascular exercises. The groups meet 3 times each week and each Bootcamp begins a new session at the beginning of each month. Sign up for Bootcamp at the front desk. Multiple times are available.